About Us

At the end of the First World War, members of the 1st Overseas Regiment founded branches of the Red Chevron Club in four Ontario cities, namely Toronto (which was to be the Provincial Command), Peterborough, London and Guelph.
In Guelph, meetings were held in various rented premises downtown. Later, a house at 122 Quebec Street E. was purchased, renovations made and this served as clubrooms for the members.
In 1956, the Guelph Red Chevrons and Associates Inc. was incorporated by Letters Patent.
Club activities continue at this location until 1977 when an opportunity arose to purchase the building (formerly occupied by the Canadian Legion) at 34 Elizabeth Street. The Quebec Street property was sold and the monies used as a down-payment on the Elizabeth Street building. The Red Chevron Club opened for business at their new home on Boxing Day, 1977.
During the past 29+ years, various improvements have been made and we now have a very practical and comfortable location for our over 450 members.
At the present time the Guelph Club is the only branch of the Red Chevron Clubs in Operation, the other branches having closed during the 1960 - 1970 period.